Payments and Billing
Minnesota's cold weather rule goes into effect on October 15. Provisions of the cold weather rule are available by clicking here or contacting our office.
Understanding your Bill: Sample legacy member bill click here
Meter readings should be submitted through SmartHub or by calling 1-844-209-7160 option 5.
South Central Electric Payment Options
Pay Now - Easy Bill Pay with no registration required. Use your billing account number and last name/business name to access your account for payment. You can not enter meter readings with this service.
ONLINE PAYMENT AND BILLING WITH SMARTHUB
Members can now pay their bills on-line with South Central Electric's new on-line bill payment system; SmartHub. You can even download the SmartHub app for your mobile device or tablet.
To get started click on the SmartHub logo. Once you are at the SmartHub site you'll have to sign up as a first time user by clicking the "New User" link and follow the prompts.
Once you're signed up, you can:
- Pay your bill immediately with a secure on-line payment.
- View monthly electric usage and history.
- Manage account information and track payment history from mobile devices or the web.
- Submit meter readings.
- Receive emails regarding bills.
- Sign up for automatic payments.
For your mobile device or tablet download the free "SmartHub" app from the APP Store or Google Play.
AUTOMATIC BILL PAYMENT
Members have two automatic payment options:
- Sign up for SmartHub (information above).
- E-Z Pay Automatic Bank Payments
E-Z Pay plan informatin click here.
Sign up for E-Z Pay click here.
PAY-BY-PHONE CALL 1-844-209-7160
Before you call you need your South Central Electric account number.
This automated system complies with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard Compliance. These world wide requirements are designed to help companies that process such payments prevent credit card fraud through increased data controls.
- If you want to make a payment on your bill over the phone using a credit/debit card or check, you must call the above number.
- The system is automated and all of your personal information, such as card number and payment amount, will be entered by you.
- At any time, you may hang up and this will discontinue the phone call.
- There is no additional fee for this service.
If paying by check you will need to create a PIN number BEFORE you can make a payment with a check.
After dialing, you will go to the main menu. You will be prompted to press numbers for the actions you wish to complete. These options include: 1) making a payment and checking account status, 2) update phone number, 3) create or update your PIN number, 4) Edit or cancel bank draft information, 5) enter meter reading.
Bring your payment to our office in St. James at 71176 Tiell Dr. (Cash or check only accepted at our office.)
Our office hours:
7:00am -3:30pm Monday – Friday, May 1 to September 30
8:00am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday, October 1 to April 30.
Payment Drop Box Located at St. James Office
Drop payments in the drive-up payment box or payment slot on the corner of our building. You can drop your payment off any time.
Simply enclose your check or money order along with the return stub from your bill.
Please mail your monthly payment to:
South Central Electric Association
P.O. Box 150
St. James, MN 56081